Preschool is the beginning of your child’s school education. It is here that we can give your child a strong foundation on which to build. We are dedicated to the development of the whole child. The children will develop language as a tool of communication and a means of structuring thought. Along with the family, we will introduce faith experiences and church exposure. The children will participate in activities designed to develop their fine and gross motor skills as well as their critical thinking skills. Creative and directed art activities will be provided. The children will be taught the social skills needed to succeed in the school setting such as how to get along with others and how to follow the school routine.
The 3-year-old program will introduce these skills as well as feature an age appropriate introduction to the academic skills that will be part of the curriculum of the 4-year-old Pre-Kindergarten classes.
The 4-year-old program will follow the Diocese of Buffalo curriculum for Pre-Kindergarten. Lessons will be taught in English Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Computer Technology and Religion. A Pre-K report card will be distributed in January and June in order to measure your child’s progress and readiness for Kindergarten.
3 Year Old Programs:
- 3-year-old, 1/2 Day – 2 Day Program: Tuesday/Thursday from 8:30 am – 11:30 am
- 3-year-old, Full Day – 2 Day Program: Tuesday/Thursday from 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
- 3-year-old, Full Day – 5 Day Program: Monday through Friday from 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
(*Child should be 3 years old by December 1st to attend the 3-year-old program)
4 Year Old Programs:
- 4-year-old, 1/2 Day – 3 Day Program: Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 8:30 am – 11:30 am **4 year old program, at least one a week, offers an extended day at a cost of $8.00 per day
- 4-year-old, Full Day – 5 Day Early K Program: Monday through Friday from 8:30 am – 3:00 pm and one class offered, until filled, that will run Monday through Friday from 7:45am-2:15pm
- 4-year-old Full Day – 3 Day Kindergarten Prep Program: Monday/Wednesday/Friday from 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
(*Child should be 4 years old by December 1st to attend the 4-year-old program)
Our class size is limited to 16 students for the 3-year-old sessions and 18 for the 4-year-old sessions. We do this to provide optimum attention to all students.
Class placement is on first come, first serve basis. Register early!
All children need to be potty trained. This includes NO pull-ups or diapers.
Our school year runs from the first full week of school in September to mid June. All parents will be invited to an Orientation in September. Orientation information (dates, health forms, etc.) will be mailed to registered students in mid June.
Our policies will be reviewed during Orientation.
Your child will be required to have a health form and immunization record on file before he/she attends the first day of class.
All questions concerning the Pre K program should be directed to Mrs. Suzanne Brierley at 632-6146, ext.245.
Early Kindergarten Program
The Early Kindergarten Program is designed for children who are 4 or 5 years of age. It is strongly recommended that children are 4 years old by September 1st due to the rigorous academic curriculum covered in our Early Kindergarten. These students will wear the designated school uniforms. Class time is Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm and in 2020-2021 we will offer one class section of Early Kindergarten that runs more closely with our K-8 program. This class will be offered Monday through Friday from 7:45am to 2:15pm. Before and after school care is available as well for both classes/times.
Lessons will be taught in English Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Computer Technology, and Religion. A Pre-K report card will be distributed in January and June in order to measure your child’s progress and readiness for Kindergarten. Some highlights of our daily instructional program include:
- Circle Time and Children’s Literature
- Center Time
- Development of fine and gross motor skills and critical thinking and social skills
- Faith experiences and church exposure
- Math with manipulatives
- Learning through play
- Early reading experiences through guided reading
- Specials including Music, Library, Art, Computer, Spanish and Gym
Daily snack and lunch are included in the tuition.