Date(s) - 19/09/2016
Math homework pages 47 and 48
Study Religion; study guide given
Lesson 1: We are a Worshipping people
- Worship: honor and praise given to God.
- Synagogue: a Jewish building that is a center of prayer
- Alleluia: acclamation meaning “praise God”
- Martyr: someone who witnesses to Jesus through suffering and death
- Idol: a false god
- Sacrifices, or gifts, in worship: their possessions, their animals, and sometimes even their lives
God revealed himself to the Israelites and taught them to worship him. They prayed the Our Father that they had learned from Jesus.
**** Our greatest act of worship is the Eucharist.
Worship: reading a bible, meditating, praying the rosary
What do we do when we pray?
- Adore God
- Ask God to forgive us
- We ask God to make us holy
- We thank God
Why is it important for us to pray? When we pray, we worship God and God reveals himself to us.
How do we know that God is great?
- God created us
- And saved us
Why do we worship God?
- And we belong to him
- We love and honor God above all else
How do we worship God?
- Loving service
Spelling List for 9/19/19-9/23/16
- standard form
- expanded form