Date(s) - 18/04/2017
Math homework: Ready books: p. 26 (48, 49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 56, 57, 58, 59)
Work on your conflict worksheet, last page only.
Finish your Earth Day poster.
Spelling words and Science vocabulary words
This Friday there will be a Science vocabulary quiz and next Tuesday there will be a Spelling test using the same words.
Chapter 14: Properties of Matter
- Volume: The amount of space an object take up p. 439
- Atom: The smallest particle that still behaves like the original matter it came from p. 440
- Molecule: Two or more atoms joined together p. 440
- Nucleus: A dense area in the center of an atom that contains protons and neutrons p. 441
- Element: Matter made up of only one kind of atom p. 442
- Periodic table: A chart that scientists use to organize the elements p. 44
- Physical change: A change in which the form of a substance changes but the substance still has the same chemical makeup p. 448
- Density: The measure of how closely packed an object’s atoms are p. 451
- Mixture: A combination of two or more different substances p. 452
- Solution: A mixture in which all the parts are mixed evenly p. 453
- Combustibility: A measure of how easily a substance will burn p. 458
- Reactivity: The ability of a substance to go through a chemical change p. 459