MEAT KNIGHT – FAQ’s
How Does A Virtual Meat Raffle Work?
In A Nutshell …
· Purchase tickets online by going to https://ssppschool.com/order-form/
· A confirmation email will be sent to you confirming your sale
· We will be using the Wheel of Names for our entries. If you purchase 1 entry, your name will be listed on the Wheel 1 time, 2 entries=2 times listed on the wheel, and so on …
· Watch the Facebook live event from the comfort of your home either by yourself or with a friend or two… Can’t watch? No problem – winners will be posted and notified after the event.
· The Wheel is spun and winners are announced similar to being at a LIVE meat raffle
· WIN MEAT!
· If you win, you’ll pick it up from FEDERAL MEATS on Kensington Ave., instead of hauling it home in a cooler that night.
Frequently Asked Questions
· How does pricing for a virtual meat raffle compare to an in-person meat raffle?
Admission to an in-person meat raffle typically ranges from $5 – $10. However, in order to participate in each round, you would then spend an additional $1 – $3 per spin (3 spins per round). Don’t forget the bonus rounds which would typically cost between $3 – $5 each! This already puts your total over our $30 price point for the virtual event!
· Do I get a ticket number?
No – we will be using the Wheel of Names. All names will be entered onto the Wheel by number of entries purchased. If you purchase 1 entry, your name is entered 1 time. If you purchased 5 entries, your name will be entered 5 times. The more entries you purchase – the better your odds are of winning! The wheel will be shuffled periodically throughout the event.
· Can I purchase entries for the meat raffle rounds during the live event?
No, unfortunately all entries for the rounds must be purchased ahead of time.
· Do I need a Facebook to participate in this event?
No! You do not need to have Facebook in order to watch this event. Anyone with or without a Facebook account can watch a Facebook live video. In addition, the video will also be posted on our website on a later date and can be accessed by anyone.
· How are the winners determined?
Just like a regular meat raffle! We have an Emcee – Buffalo’s own DJ Anthony that will be emceeing the event and announcing the rounds and the winners that evening.
· Can I still participate even if I’m not available on Friday, November 13th?
Absolutely! The Facebook Live video will be available on our website to watch at a later time. Winners will also be emailed to notify you that you have won an item during our meat raffle!
· What are some of the items I could win during the Virtual Meat Raffle and where are they from?
All meat will be purchased from Federals Meats and you will have a chance to win steak, chicken, turkey, dinner ham, pizza logs, chicken fingers, bacon, and more! We also have 6 Door Prizes – two of which are “Special”. The first is an “EARLY BIRD” sign up bonus and our second special item is the GRAND PRIZE YETI TUNDRA 45 Cooler!
· How do I pick up my winnings?
Meat winners will pick up their items at Federal Meats at 2102 Kensington Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14226, no later than 11/21/20. Federal will have a list of package winners. Dates and times for pick up will be announced. Arrangements can be made for pick-up of the winners for the door prizes and GRAND PRIZE YETI TUNDRA 45 Cooler.
· I am not a school family or parishioner of SSPP, can I still participate in Meat Knight?
Absolutely! We welcome all to participate in our virtual Meat Knight!