STREAM stands for Science, Technology, Reading, Engineering, Arts, and Math. We are proud that Ss. Peter and Paul School was selected to serve as one of the 1st STREAM pilot schools by the Diocese of Buffalo Department of Catholic Education.
STREAM education focuses on an interdisciplinary approach to learning, bridging allsubject areas. It is not a new curriculum, but a philosophical framework for delivering excellence in Catholic education for 21st century learners. As a STREAM school, SSPP endeavors to provide relevant, experiential learning experiences for our students through numerous local field trips, and Project Based Learning units at all grade levels.
The components of STREAM include:
- Interdisciplinary lessons and units and project design incorporating STREAM
- Hands on learning experiences including FOSS Science Kits at all grade levels, Junior Achievement Program, iCornell University Science Kits and more.
- Career Connections classroom presentations
- Specialized extracurricular programs including art and music workshops, Robotics, Arcade Academy, Invention Convention, Science of Cooking, Sensational Science,Google Sketch-up Architecture Program, Science Olympiad, Sew Fine Sewing Club, STREAM themed book clubs and technology based creative writing publications.
- Increased emphasis on technology integration
- Partnerships with local businesses, museums, colleges and universities to enrich STREAM programs.
We view STREAM as an opportunity to strengthen our established commitment to science,technology, religion, engineering, the arts and math. Ss. Peter and Paul School has been at the forefront of launching advanced programming for students.